Purchase and sale of property

We want you to stay up to date! Here you may consult everything you need to know about the purchase and sale of property before requesting it from the Third Notary of Montería.

> What is it?
> Requirements
> Frequently Asked Questions

What is the purchase and sale of property?

This consists in passing on property to another person in exchange of money that the purchaser pays to the salesperson. This contract is mandatory via public deed.


  • Identification documents for all interested parties
  • Certificates of good standing (for both the property tax and contribution by appraisal).
  • If the property is subjected to horizontal property, a certificate of good standing is also required from the property management.
  • When the apartment is under the regiment of horizontal property, an authenticated copy of the rules and regulations of said property being sold must be presented, unless this document is in the notary where the process is taking place.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can a minor purchase or sell property?

If one of the parties is a minor, they must make their purchase or sale via a legal representative (parents with custody, amongst others). In order for a minor to make a sale they require a license and/or authorization to transfer assets of those who are unable to for legal reasons (adults or minors).

Skip to content